KOTA KINABALU: A police team who unknowingly handled a suicide victim’s body that later tested positive for Covid-19 has completed their two-week home quarantine.
Acting police chief Supt George Rakman said that the 12 policemen involved in the April 6 operation in Pulau Gaya would commence their duties on Thursday (April 30).
“All are fine and will start work as usual on April 30, ” he said.
He said so far, no one had come forward to claim the remains of the 26-year-old victim.
In an unrelated incident, a domestic worker who was found dead in her employer’s house last Friday (April 24) is ruled to have died of natural causes.
Supt George said there were no signs of foul play in the case and that police had classified the 51-year-old’s victim as a "sudden death".
The woman was found dead in front of a television after neighbours complained of a foul stench.
Her employer was stuck in Kuala Lumpur due to the movement control order (MCO).
The victim stayed alone in the house alone for the past few weeks prior to the discovery.
Did you find this article insightful?
86% readers found this article insightful