Ismail Sabri: Selayang Baru in Gombak under enhanced MCO


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 25 Apr 2020

PETALING JAYA: Selayang Baru in Gombak has been placed under an enhanced movement control order (MCO), says Senior Minister Ismail Sabri.

He said the enhanced MCO in the area would be in place from Saturday (April 25) until May 3.

This is the seventh area placed under enhanced MCO to contain the spread of Covid-19.

The areas affected include Zone A (Jalan Indah 3 and Jalan Indah 5A Selangor Indah), Zone B (Jalan Indah 21, Lembah Indah, Selayang Baru), Zone C (Jalan Besar Selayang Baru, Jalan 1 and Jalan Indah 21, Selayang Baru), Zone D (Jalan 3,5, 7 and 9, Selayang Baru), Zone E (Jalan 2,4, 6 and 8, Selayang Baru), and Zone F (Blok A, B dan C, Selayang Makmur).

"The seventh enhanced MCO was implemented after taking into consideration chances of transmission linked to the Kuala Lumpur Market and the Kuala Lumpur Wholesale Market.

"This step is taken to facilitate contact tracing activities. All the residents will be screened," he told a press conference on Saturday.

He said all business activities in the area would be suspended and outsiders would not be allowed to enter.

Those affected can call the Gombak District emergency line at 03-6120 1092/6126 1500, or the district police headquarters at 03-6126 2247/2240 for further assistance.

"Food aid was also sent today. If residents need other items including baby formula, napkins, if there is an emergency or if there are people with special needs, they can call the hotline," he said.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Body of missing man found in Sabah, croc attack suspected
Overtaking from left: 250 slapped with summonses in three-day ops
51 people nabbed by MACC so far in PenjanaKerjaya probe
MOE conducts in-depth probe into alleged kidnap bid of pupils
1MDB trial: Najib’s account considered ‘sensitive’, involved large sums, court told
Sabah, Sarawak police deny child kidnapping claims after viral videos
More initiatives to benefit veterans in the works, says Hishammuddin
Negri deputy speaker, three reps dropped from new state liaison committee line-up
National Veterans Council to be restructured, says Hishammuddin
Claims of kidnapping attempts outside school in Gombak fake, say cops

Others Also Read