KOTA KINABALU: Sabah has given special permission to 23 people, including 12 participants who wanted to attend the cancelled tabligh gathering in Sulawesi, to return to Tawau.
However, only 18 of them arrived at the Tawau jetty by boat from Nunukan in Indonesia’s Kalimantan yesterday, said State Secretary Datuk Safar Untong in a statement.
He said all 18 were sent to the Tawau Quarantine Centre for 14 days of observation.
The five who did not return were three adults and two children
who decided to stay back in Nunukan until the end of the MCO on April 14.
According to Safar, the 23 were Malaysians, with 21 of them from Sabah and two others from other states.
The 12 had gone to the cancelled Ijtimak Tabligh in Gowa, Sulawesi, while the others were Malaysians returning from Indonesia.
Last week, 17 tabligh participants had returned and were quarantined.
Meanwhile, Safar said all local councils had been ordered to ensure food processing factories and premises carry out disinfection to ensure a high level of hygiene was maintained.
Safar, who is Sabah Covid-19 task force chairman, said premises with Covid-19 exposure should immediately shut down and carry out cleaning.
“For example, if a worker at the premises is found to be Covid-19 positive, the premises must be closed immediately for disinfection to be carried out, ” he said.
Did you find this article insightful?