Man, 63, is victim No 21 of Covid-19


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 26 Mar 2020

PETALING JAYA: The number of Covid-19 coronavirus deaths in the country rose to 21 as of midday Thursday (March 26) following the death of a 63-year-old.

Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah confirmed the deceased was one of those who had attended the tabligh event at Seri Petaling Mosque.

"He developed symptoms and underwent screening on March 22.

"Tests showed he was positive for Covid-19 and was admitted to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital in Alor Setar on March 23.

"His condition deteriorated when undergoing treatment and he passed away at 4am on March 26," he said in a Facebook post.

On Tuesday, Dr Hisham said that patients with early signs of symptoms should get tested and seek treatment.

He noted that most fatalities had so far been those with underlying health issues who sought treatment only at later stages of infection.

Article type: free
User access status:

Covid-19 , 21st death , Health DG

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

91% readers found this article insightful

Across The Star Online