Not feeling well: 29 policemen in Perak self-quarantine


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020

IPOH: A total of 29 policemen in Perak have self-quarantined at home together with their families as a precautionary measure against Covid-19, says Comm Datuk Razarudin Husain.

The Perak police chief said Wednesday (March 25) that the steps were taken because the personnel and their families were not well.

“However, 13 others who were part of a self-quarantine move earlier have confirmed negative for the virus, and are allowed to resume their duties.

“Police officers need to be fit and healthy to ensure the movement control order (MCO) runs smoothly, so if our men are not feeling well, we make sure they get tested qucikly, ” he told reporters.

Earlier, Comm Razarudin and Perak Mentri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu visited a roadblock along Jalan Tambun in conjunction with the 213th Police Day celebration.

According to the police chief, in Perak, 95% of the public adhered to the MCO, while the remaining 5% were those who needed to go out to get food supply, had hospital appointments or were required to go to work.

“Checks at the toll plazas all saw a reduction in the number of vehicles entering into the state as well.

“I am happy that Perakians are adhering to the rules and regulations for the benefit of all, ” he said.

On news claiming that the police did not allow people without masks to go into supermarkets, he said this was not true.

“Security guards at such outlets are asking people to wear masks before going into such places. The police have nothing to do with it.

“Also a viral video on the police asking express buses to stop their services in Taiping is not true, ” he said.

Article type: free
User access status:

Covid-19 , MCo , Perak , Police , Self-quarantine

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

83% readers found this article insightful

Across The Star Online