PETALING JAYA: Kelantan mufti Datuk Mohamad Shukri Mohamad (pic), who was admitted to a hospital on suspicion of contracting Covid-19 after returning from Sarawak, is in a stable condition, says his son Mohamad Majdi Mohamad Shukri.
In a Facebook post yesterday, Majdi appealed to the public not to spread fake news that his father was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II in Kota Baru, Kelantan.
“For your information, my dad has yet to be tested positive for the virus and is in a stable condition in Ward 10, not the ICU.
“Our family is appealing for the goodwill of Kelantanese and Malaysians to pray that he will recover soon and will not be affected by the outbreak or any challenges, ” he said.
According to Malaysiakini, Shukri experienced pain in his joints after returning from Sarawak and was given medical leave after he went for a check-up last Sunday.
However, as his fever did not subside, he went to the clinic again for a check-up.
He was then told to go for a preliminary test.
He was admitted to the Raja Perempuan Zainab II Hospital on Wednesday.
“He is now under observation, ” Majdi said.
He added that everyone in close contact with Shukri had been told to go for a health check-up as well.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba confirmed yesterday he was waiting for the official report on Shukri’s case.