KOTA KINABALU: Sabah is appealing to all those who attended the Seri Petaling Mosque gathering in Kuala Lumpur earlier in the month to immediately report to health officials, as the number of Covid-19 cases from this cluster continue to rise.
Sabah State Secretary Datuk Safar Untong said those who attended, as well as their immediate families who had physical contact “directly or indirectly” with them, must come forward.
They must inform the nearest government medical hospital or clinic officials.
He also said the state government had ordered the immediate closure of four tabliqh offices in Kota Kinabalu, Beaufort, Tawau and Sandakan to allow health authorities to carry out disinfection.
Mosques and suraus that were visited by the tablighs after their return from the gathering have also been advised to close temporarily to allow work to disinfect the area from any virus threats.
At least some 200 tablighs from all over Sabah attended the massive gathering at the Seri Petaling Mosque in Kuala Lumpur from Feb 28 to March 1.
Over the following few days, most returned to their districts, and it was not until Thursday (March 12) that one of them was found to be positive by the Health Department.