KUCHING: All foreigners who have been to South Korea in the past 14 days will be refused entry into Sarawak to ensure the state remains free of Covid-19, the state disaster management committee said.
It said all Malaysians who had gone to South Korea and China in the past 14 days were strongly advised not to visit Sarawak until they had completed a 14-day quarantine and found not to be infected with Covid-19.
In addition, Sarawakians, Sarawakian permanent residents and work and student visa holders who had been to South Korea and China must undergo compulsory home quarantine for 14 days.
"They will be subjected to random monitoring by the relevant authorities," the committee said in a statement on Saturday (Feb 29).
"These actions are taken as part of the state government's measures to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 into Sarawak."
South Korea has seen a spike in Covid-19 cases with over 2,000 as of Friday (Feb 28), the highest in the world outside China.
The committee also said it would continue to monitor the situation in other countries affected by Covid-19, including Singapore, Japan, Iran and Italy.
It advised visitors from these countries to adhere to the state Health Department's precautionary guidelines.
Since the outbreak began, there has been no known Covid-19 infection in Sarawak.