Samples of seven suspected Covid-19 cases in Kelantan test negative


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 16 Feb 2020

Picture taken from Sinar Harian.

KOTA BARU (Bernama): The Kelantan Health Department has confirmed that the seven suspected Covid-19 patients in the state tested negative for the virus.

Its director Datuk Dr Zaini Hussin (pic) said the test on samples of patients under investigation (PUI) was conducted from Jan 25 to Feb 10.

He said five samples were sent to the Public Health Laboratory in Perol while two samples were tested at the Institute of Medical Research (IMR).

"So far, samples of all seven suspected Covid-19 cases have shown negative results and we hope that the public will not spread information without checking on its authenticity" he said when contacted Sunday (Feb 16).

Dr Zaini also advised the public to maintain good personal hygiene including washing their hands regularly and to observe cough etiquette in public areas. - Bernama

Article type: free
User access status:

Zaini Hussin , Covid-19 , Kelantan

   

What do you think of this article?

It is insightful
Not in my interest

Across The Star Online


Life Inspired has a chic new look

2020 is all about change, and Life Inspired did just that with a fresh makeover!

This month, we speak to 3 female icons about empowerment and more - read it for FREE this week.