PUTRAJAYA: The Canadian girl who collapsed at KLCC is not a Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV) case, says Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad (pic).
The Health Minister said the 17-year-old had already been discharged from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.
“The good news is that her case has nothing to do with 2019-nCoV. She has already been discharged from hospital, ” said Dr Dzulkefly at a press conference here Thursday (Feb 6).
The teen had collapsed at KLCC and was then treated at a medical centre near the shopping centre.
She was subsequently transferred in an ambulance by medical officers in hazmat suits, and brought to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital.
The incident had caused some panic after posts on social media claimed the girl was suspected of being infected with 2019-nCoV.
The girl had arrived from Indonesia on Tuesday (Feb 4) with her family who are holidaying in the country.
They have been residing in Shanghai, China for the past 15 years.
Did you find this article insightful?