Zambry to seek legal advice over alleged defamation linking him to MAPS closure


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 29 Jan 2020

IPOH: Former Perak mentri besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abd Kadir (pic) will seek legal advice over allegations made against him regarding the closure of the Movie Animation Park Studio (MAPS) theme park.

Zambry said some had claimed that its closure was related to a scandal from the previous state administration.

"Not only did they claim that there was a scandal, they used the word 'Mini 1MDB' and said that I was part of it.

"This is a serious allegation made against me and it is not true. I believe that this is an attempt to ruin my reputation," he said in a statement on Wednesday (Jan 29).

It was reported earlier that the RM520mil theme park would be closed from Jan 28 until further notice. The theme park was opened to public in June 2017.

The closure was issued by the receiver and manager of Animation Theme Park Sdn Bhd (ATP) from Ernst & Young.

"From the beginning, I have been consistent – if there is any embezzlement done by anyone, action must be taken against them.

"I welcome any audit on the state of MAPS from 2013 until 2019.

"MAPS is owned by a public listed company. Therefore, any decision is made by its management – and I am not part of it," he said.

Article type: free
User access status:
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site