Loke: Prasarana, MAHB yet to submit names of new CEOs


  • Nation
  • Friday, 17 Jan 2020

PUTRAJAYA: The board of directors of Prasarana Malaysia Bhd and Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) have yet to submit the recommended names of those who can be their potential chief executive officers.

Transport Minister Anthony Loke said the boards of the two government-linked companies (GLC) will have to make the recommendations to Minister of Finance Incorporated for the Minister to make the appointments.

Asked if he has the list of potential candidates for the job, Loke said that "the list will have to come from the board, they will have to make the recommendation."

On whether the government is open to the idea of foreigners heading Prasarana and MAHB, he said that the government was confident that the positions would be filled by locals.

"These are two important strategic assets, they are important transport operators. As far as the government is concerned, we are sure the two CEO positions will remain with locals heading the GLC," he said when speaking to reporters on Friday (Jan 17).

Loke and Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng had earlier witnessed the signing of a supplemental agreement for the MRT2 known as the Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya line at the Finance Ministry.

On Jan 7, it was reported that Prasarana president and chief executive officer Datuk Mohamed Hazlan Mohamed Hussain had been suspended from his post by the firm's board of directors.

On Jan 6, MAHB announced on Bursa Malaysia that Raja Azmi Raja Nazuddin had decided to leave his post to pursue other opportunities.

Lim was also confident that the two vacant positions will be filled by local talent, adding that Malaysia has enough professional talents who are able to do the job.

"We have enough professionals to do it. The only thing is to head-hunt the right person," he added.


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online