Bukit Aman opened 2,232 disciplinary cases last year


STAR

KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman opened 2,232 disciplinary cases against its personnel last year.

Its Integrity and Standard Compliance Department (JIPS) director Comm Datuk Zamri Yahya said his department managed to complete investigations into 898 of these cases.

"Based on our investigations we took disciplinary action on 1,503 personnel including 110 police officers.

"A total of 46 officers and 335 personnel are still suspended from active duty while three officers and 20 personnel were expelled from the force," he told reporters at Bukit Aman on Monday (Jan 13).

He said in 2019, the department received 3,773 complaints and tip-offs with 1,886 (49.9%) of them alleging disciplinary misconduct and crime involving police personnel.

"We also checked 10,578 personnel through our compliance monitoring, proactive checks and mystery shopping methods.

"Aspects that were checked included physical checks of the uniformed personnel, documentation such as pocket books and diary, duties, compliance of standard operation procedure, management of investigation papers and case items as well as a list of wanted persons," he said.

Comm Zamri added based on these checks, 16 officers and 223 personnel were found guilty of misconduct or non-compliance that warranted disciplinary action.

"We also conducted 92 operations of which 66 bore fruit. We arrested one officer and five personnel for extortion, four officers and five personnel for drug cases, five personnel for ketum related cases and one officer and three personnel for gambling cases," he said.

He added that his department has also successfully ensured that 99.8% of the police force has declared assets through the Human Resource Management System (HRMIS) while the remaining 0.2% were excluded on grounds that they were suspended, terminated from duty or their records were not found in the system.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Covid-19: Ahmad Zahid tests positive but asymptomatic, now under home quarantine
Covid-19: Penang CM in home quarantine after bodyguard tests positive
Cryptocurrency funding to the fore of Libaran turtle conservation efforts
Pangkor to achieve herd immunity by September, slated for tourism recovery plan pilot project
Melaka exco on viral video: There are crocs in Sg Malim, but no reports of incidents with people
I have a pen, I have paper: Pineapple board officer in the dock for allegedly faking documents
Win or lose, do your best in the next game, Dr Wee says as he cheers on Peng Soon-Liu Ying
Prof: Antibody test may not be accurate gauge of vaccination
Babysitter, husband and 13-year-old niece charged over abuse of toddlers
Selangor MB: State govt remains firm in fighting corruption, abuse of power

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers