Last chance for illegals to take up B4G offer


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019

PUTRAJAYA: Illegal foreign workers have until 8pm today to submit their application for the Back for Good (B4G) repatriation programme before enforcement is carried out.

Immigration director-general Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud said that Immigration offices nationwide would be open to accept documents from illegal foreigners until 8pm.

He said this had been the practice for the past month to cater to the surge of applicants, particularly closer to the deadline.

“Tomorrow will be the last chance for illegal foreigners to take up the offer to return to their homeland under the Back for Good programme.

“I want to reiterate that there will be no extension to the programme. After that, we will conduct a massive operation against illegal foreigners, ” he said yesterday.

Immigration offices, including its headquarters here, are reported to be dealing with huge crowds, particularly in the days nearing the Dec 31 deadline.

Some, despite being given appointment dates to pick up their document, decided to stay put outside the building until it was time to collect the special pass and clearance memo.

Khairul said as at Dec 29,187,309 foreign illegals had registered for the programme with the majority – 69,586 – of them being Indonesians.

On July 18, Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the implementation of the B4G programme from Aug 1 to Dec 31 as part of measures to reduce the number of illegal immigrants.

The illegal immigrants need to obtain complete identification documents from their respective embassies or high commissions before handing them over to the Immigration office for processing.

Each foreigner only has to pay RM700 for compound and a special pass to exit the country.

Article type: free
User access status:
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site