Agency denies rift with K-pop global sensation BTS


Compiled by Hanis Zainal and C. Aruno

The agency of K-pop global sensation BTS has denied rumours they were embroiled in a legal dispute with the group over the distribution of profits, reports Sin Chew Daily.

Big Hit Entertainment released a statement on Monday denying a report by JTBC News Room which claimed that members from the band were planning to take legal action against the agency.

The news report earlier claimed that members from the all-boys BTS sought legal advice from a law firm two months ago regarding their exclusive contract and on the distribution of profits.

“We believe that JTBC released reports without following even the most basic of procedures and demand an apology and response from JTBC, ” said the Bit Hit statement.

The allegations came as a surprise to fans, as both BTS and the agency were reported to have

gotten along well and recently renewed their contract for another seven years.

> The new Education Ministry guidelines to determine if calligraphy is to be taught at school may sow disharmony among parents of students, the same daily quoted Huazong chairman Tan Sri Goh Tian Chuan as saying.

“What we worry most is that conflict will arise among parents in vernacular schools due to the new guidelines.

“It is predicted that there will be differing opinions (on whether it should be taught) and this is not good for the unity of our nation, ” he said in a statement.

He added that out of 1,300 SJKCs in Malaysia, there were 600 with less than 150 students.

In these 600 schools, many of the students are of non-Chinese descent.

Such schools are the ones where conflict among parents are most likely to arise, said Goh.

As such, the government should review the new guidelines which at present passes the decision to parents, he said.

According to Goh’s statement, the module on Jawi calligraphy is to be taught at school as long as 51% of the parents agree via a survey.Goh asked if this meant that the remaining 49% need to conform to the majority decision.

“There is a need for the Education Ministry to address this matter to prevent it from becoming a more serious issue, ” he said.

Goh added that he was disappointed that the ministry had ignored the repeated pleas from the Chinese community to include boards of directors of schools as decision-makers.

The Education Ministry earlier announced the introduction of Jawi calligraphy in the Bahasa Melayu subject for Year Four students beginning next year.

The announcement caused an uproar among various groups, which prompted the ministry to first give teachers in schools the power to decide whether they want to teach the Jawi calligraphy to pupils, before passing the decision to parents in the latest guidelines.

The above articles are compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Clare Rewcastle-Brown's appeal postponed to March 24 next year
Cops on the hunt for remaining smugglers involved in border shooting
Suspension bridge cable in Ranau snaps, seven fall off, two hospitalised
USM declines to comment on possible Covid-19 cases on campus, leaves it to Health Ministry
Two more suspects detained over murder at Taman Intan PPR flats
RM1mil worth of buffalo meat seized in Butterworth
Suspect arrested after trying to ram his car into cop following high-speed chase
A star in our midst: When Maradona last visited Malaysia
Put aside differences and focus on implementing Sabah's development agenda, Sabah CM tells civil servants
Man charged with attempted rape of fiancee's housemate

Stories You'll Enjoy