After audio clip in April, video emerges of exco member criticising Perak MB


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 14 Nov 2019

IPOH: With the Perak legislative assembly sitting starting on Friday (Nov 15), a video clip of a state executive council member allegedly criticising the leadership of Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu (pic) has gone viral.

The contents of the video clip seem to be similar to an audio clip that was released during the April assembly sitting.

The video allegedly showed an exco member, resembling Abdul Aziz Bari, who is the state DAP vice-chairman, speaking to some unknown people (not shown in the clip) believed to be Umno assemblymen.

In the video clip lasting five minutes and 12 seconds, the person was heard complaining about Ahmad Faizal's performance in administering the state.

He was also talking about plans to get two or three assemblymen from Umno to jump over to Pakatan Harapan, as a move to oust Ahmad Faizal as the Mentri Besar.

He claimed that he could be a Mentri Besar candidate as he had good ties with the Perak royalty.

He had also said that another two state executive council members from a Pakatan component party were not fit as candidates to become the next MB, as they were not the "street fighter" type.

"I am not saying that I am one (a street fighter), but at least I am better than them," the person was heard saying.

In April, when asked about the audio clip, Abdul Aziz said that he had not heard the audio recording, and that in this era of technology, anything is possible.

Abdul Aziz, who is also Tebing Tinggi assemblyman, had all this while been denying that he was part of any plot to oust Ahmad Faizal.

At the end of the video clip, it was stated that the plot to oust Ahmad Faizal remained unsuccessful as Perak Umno would never work with DAP.

It further stated that DAP leaders had been "trapped", and left embarrassed when three assemblymen from Umno, who allegedly attended a secret meeting with Abdul Aziz, had exposed the plot during a state assembly sitting.

In a press conference later on Thursday (Nov 14), Abdul Aziz said he was not interested to look at the new video clip that had surfaced.

"I only view videos that are official, or taken by official television stations, otherwise I don't look at them," he said, when asked to comment on the clip that had gone viral.

Abdul Aziz said he found it very funny that each time it was nearing the state assembly, such things appear.

"I don't have to keep repeating myself, as I have said it before that I am not involved in any move to bring the Mentri Besar down.

"Such old issues keep cropping up. I am done with this as I have more pressing and important issues to look into involving the plight of the people," he added.

Abdul Aziz said he was not going to entertain the video clip issue, as with new and advance technology, anything could be done.

Article type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online