Man stung to death by hornets

  • Nation
  • Monday, 02 Sep 2019

A 67-YEAR-OLD man died after he was stung by some 200 hornets at his orchard in Gua Musang, Kelantan, Sinar Harian reported.

According to Mohd Ghazali Awang’s son, Mohd Ikhwan, his father was cleaning his orchard with an excavator last Tuesday morning when a large hornet’s nest fell to the ground.

“A swarm of hornets attacked him. He quickly jumped off the excavator and ran to his car parked by a hill.

“He drove to Kampung Panggang Lalat but stopped when he felt like fainting, ” he said.

Mohd Ghazali was sent to Gua Musang Hospital where he fought for his life for four days before passing away on Friday.

> A Filipino domestic worker regretted dumping her newborn at a condominium in Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur, where she worked and now wants her baby back, Harian Metro reported.

Wangsa Maju OCPD Supt Rajab Ahad Ismail said a security guard found the baby alive with a note, “Secret August 27,2019”, while he was patrolling the fourth floor of the building.The baby was found inside a red recyclable bag left by the corridor.

“The baby did not cry. Security guards questioned the residents but no one was aware of the baby, ” Supt Rajab Ahad said.

He said further investigation led to the arrest of a 33-year-old Filipina who was seen loitering at the swimming pool with that bag.

When the police knocked on her employers’ door asking about the baby, she secretly left the house to inform the security guards that she wanted the baby back.

The woman said she was scared and confused when she abandoned her baby, adding that the baby’s father had fled back to the Philippines after learning she was pregnant.

She gave birth to the baby in her room on Aug 27 without telling anyone.

The police have sent the baby, who is in stable condition, to Kuala Lumpur Hospital for treatment of jaundice.

> Two young siblings are feared drowned after being swept away by strong currents while bathing at the Sungai Sepang estuary in Sepang, Selangor, on Merdeka Day, Berita Harian reported.

Sepang Fire and Rescue Station chief Azrul Faizal Maarif said Siti Nuralya Mohd Zainal, 11, and Muhammad Hafiz, 14, were playing in the river estuary with four friends when they were all swept away by strong currents at about 3.30pm.

The other four managed to swim to safety, he added.

The above article is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with this ' >'sign, it denotes a separate news item.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Did you find this article insightful?


Across The Star Online