KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has shot down claims of having contradictory stands over sex allegations affecting a past and a current member of his Cabinet.
He touched on this matter on Sunday (July 28) in a post on his blog, chedet.cc titled "Contradictions".
"The action taken in 1998 was not based on the video clip. That came later. The court had already made its decision. The subsequent videos did not influence the court or anyone else. It did not influence me," said Dr Mahathir.
He said the video came first in the recent case, adding that the video is an obvious attempt to blacken the name of the particular person in order to blight his future.
"If I were to take the action expected of me I would become an accessory to the plot. I have no intention to become the instrument of the plotters. I will not be a part of such dirty politics," said Dr Mahathir. - Bernama
Did you find this article insightful?