Toddy shop in Perak shut temporarily for lack of hygiene


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 18 Jul 2019

Compiled by TAN SIN CHOW, SIRA HABIBU and R. ARAVINTHAN 

A TODDY shop in Pusing, Perak, that has been in operation for about three decades was tempora­rily shuttered by the state Health Department for lack of hygiene, reported Malaysia Nanban.

When the authorities carried out an inspection on the shop, they found it to be in very poor condition, with dead rats on the premises.State exco member and Sungkai assemblyman A. Siva­­nesan said the closure would be for two weeks and a follow-up inspection would be conducted in two weeks.

 

> A man in Tamil Nadu, India, was seriously injured after his handphone, which he stuffed into his helmet, exploded while he was riding his motorcycle, the same daily reported.

The 30-year-old, known only as Arumugam, had stuffed the handphone into his helmet to continue talking while riding the motorcycle.

However, the handphone overheated and exploded, causing burns and injuries to his face.

Bystanders sent the man to a nearby hospital, where he remained in serious condition.

 

The above articles are compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item. 

 


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online