Duo in fish bombing death remanded another six days


  • Nation
  • Saturday, 13 Jul 2019

KOTA KINABALU: The remand period for the two men arrested in connection with the death of a dive instructor and two Chinese tourists at Pulau Kalapuan, Semporna, has been extended.

When contacted on Friday (July 12), Sabah police commissioner Datuk Omar Mammah confirmed that the 24-year-old boatman and 23-year-old guide would be remanded for another six days to assist with investigations into the case.

Comm Omar had earlier said the case, which has been classified as murder, would be investigated from all angles.

On July 5, local dive instructor Ab Zainal Abdu, 30, and China nationals Zhao Zhong and Xu Yingjie, both 26, were killed while taking diving lessons at a site off Pulau Kalapuan in Semporna waters.

Post-mortem examinations of their remains on Wednesday (July 10) confirmed that the three were killed by a bomb blast.

Comm Omar said they suffered massive internal injuries and there were minor superficial injuries on their bodies as well.
 
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across The Star Online