65-year-old lures girl with stationery to do lewd acts


SEREMBAN: A 65-year-old man who allegedly recorded a sex videoclip with a 12-year-old girl was believed to have coaxed her into engaging in sexual acts after buying her stationery.

The suspect, who is a lorry driver and is married with two children, had apparently bought the Year Six girl a pencil box, pens and pencils before taking her to a parking area in town where he made her commit the lewd acts.

“Based on a preliminary probe, the suspect took the girl out three times in June when her family members were not home,” said state CID chief ACP Wan Rukman Wan Hassan.

“We do not know what happened on the first two incidents as we have yet to record the girl’s statement. But we know that he made her perform the sexual acts after buying her stationery the third time out,” he said here yesterday.

The suspect had apparently made the video recording on his mobile phone while sitting on the back seat of his car.

The recording lasted for three minutes and 10 seconds.

In the clip, he was seen repeatedly coaxing the clearly distressed girl who was topless to stroke his genitals.

The man, whose pants was lowered to his knees, was also seen kissing the girl and performing lewd acts on her.

Asked whether the victim was raped, ACP Wan Rukman said doctors ruled this out.

He said the victim’s mother lodged a report at around 3pm on Tuesday after a sex clip allegedly featuring the suspect and her daughter went viral on social media.

“The suspect came to know the victim as she used to accompany her mother who runs a fruit stall.

“In fact, the family only came to know the suspect a few months ago,” he said.

A police team stopped the suspect while he was driving along the North-South Expressway near Gopeng around 9.20pm on Tuesday.

The suspect, who was heading towards Padang Besar to send a consignment of goods, did not resist arrest and was cooperative.

“He is now in remand until Monday,” he said.

ACP Wan Rukman said police seized the man’s two mobile phones as well as his car to facilitate investigations.

He also denied that the man’s car had been set ablaze by members of the public after the sex clip went viral.

“There was another video recording of a car on fire which went viral at the same time. The clip of the car ablaze has nothing to do with the sex clip,” he said.

It is also being investigated under Section 10 of the same Act.

Police have so far received 17 reports on the case.