KUALA LUMPUR: Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin says he did not accuse Teoh Beng Hock’s family of wanting more compensation from the Government.
The Home Minister said that his comments had been misunderstood.
“I did not accuse them (of wanting more compensation). I was only explaining that the process has been long and arduous.
“In any case, I have left the matter in the hands of the Attorney General, who will release a statement on this issue next week,” he said.
Muhyiddin was speaking after attending the Registrar of Societies’ (RoS) “Sustainable Societies” programme at Rumah Puspanita, here on Saturday (June 29).
He had been quoted on Wednesday (June 26), saying that all avenues in the probe into Teoh's death had been exhausted.
"When the family has received compensation and they continue to demand more, I would just leave the matter to the Attorney General," he had said.
Muhyiddin’s comments were criticised by Bukit Gelugor MP Ramkarpal Singh, who said Teoh's family is not seeking what they are not entitled to.