Man in Balakong road bullying incident to be charged on June 26


KAJANG: The 44-year-old man who was detained in connection with viral video clips of a road bullying incident in Balakong will be charged on Wednesday (June 26).

It is learnt that he will be charged under Section 325 of the Penal Code for causing grievous hurt.

The police had initially planned to extend his remand on Tuesday (June 25).

When contacted, his lawyer Keppy Wong said the police had applied to prolong the remand but failed to obtain an extension.

"The magistrate agreed with our objection to the remand extension," he said.

Previously, two clips of the incident on June 20 showed two men getting out of their cars and subsequently punch and kick each other on Jalan Dataran Cheras 2, Cheras Traders in Cheras Balakong.

Photos of one of the men bleeding were also circulated.

 

Related stories:

Videos of brawl between two men in Cheras go viral

Man filmed in Balakong road-bullying incident remanded for four days

Cheras , Balakong , Crime