Toddler dies after being hit by ceiling fan


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 20 Jun 2019

AMPANG: A game went awry when a two-year-old girl died after she was accidentally struck by a ceiling fan.

The toddler’s father, a Myanmar, said the child was tossed by a relative while they were playing at the victim’s house on Monday.

She was seriously injured following the incident, and rushed to the hospital by the girl’s mother and her brother, according to the father.

The police said the hospital confirmed her death, and the body was sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital for a post-mortem.

Ampang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Noor Azmi Yusof said the results showed that the death was caused by severe head injury due to blunt trauma.

“The police also investigated the house, located along Tasik Tambahan Ampang,” he said in a statement yesterday.

He said a 25-year-old Myanmar man was arrested at the district police headquarters at around 1.15pm on Tuesday.

“He has been remanded until June 25,” he said.

The case is being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001 for abuse.

girl , ceiling fan , death , myanmar