Let the public make their own judgment over sex video, says Azmin


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 20 Jun 2019

PUTRAJAYA: Datuk Seri Azmin Ali has left it to the public to make their own judgment on the sex video scandal, implicating him and Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz.

When asked about PKR’s decision to issue a show cause letter to Haziq, the party deputy president said what he feels about it does not matter.

“The decision had been made by the party. But it is not about me, whether I am happy or not.

“You can figure out the public's perception (on the case)” he said when met at the Prime Minister’s Department Hari Raya open house on Thursday (June 20).

Haziq, who has admitted to being involved in a sex video controversy, has been given 14 days to respond to a show cause letter issued by the party disciplinary board.

The board had made four recommendations including the decision to issue the show cause letter to Haziq, which were endorsed by the political bureau.

In the past week, clips of video involving two men have gone viral, followed by a confession by Haziq that he was one of the two men in the view.

Haziq, who is senior private secretary to deputy Primary Industries minister Datuk Seri Shamsul Iskandar Md Akin, claimed the other person was Azmin.

Azmin had categorically denied the allegation, saying it was made to tarnish his reputation and destroy his political career.

Meanwhile, Malay Mail quoted Azmin as saying that he had proposed to his party’s leadership to sack Haziq after the latter was found to be campaigning for Barisan Nasional in the 14th General Election.

Speaking to reporters here, the Economic Affairs Minister said that it was only “basic logic” for PKR to have taken the said action against Haziq.

“I cannot disagree with you,” he said when asked as to why Haziq was not sacked when found to be helping Barisan.

“Yes. That is a basic logic, been asked by many,” he was quoted as saying.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

No political motive for state of Emergency, but a matter of life and death, says Takiyuddin
PMO: RM35.43mil allocation to build three public halls in Pagoh, not one
Cops arrest man in suspicion of throwing petrol bombs, red paint at several houses
Ten-year-old boy who met Dr Wee a decade ago now accepted at Stanford University
Only students sitting for SPM, STPM exams allowed in school from Jan 20
Sabah govt to roll out Bantuan Prihatin Covid-19 2.0, says CM
Cops say man seen at R&R was not wearing a pink tag
Authorities using all possible means to reach victims of natural disaster in Pitas
We have lost a gem, says Wee on Salleh Abas’ passing
Explosion at Pasir Gudang factory kills one, two injured

Stories You'll Enjoy