PETALING JAYA: The former telco chief executive officer (CEO) has denied he had molested his own children in reference to The Star report on the allegations published on May 25.
He accused his ex-wife of using the paper to tarnish his reputation after an acrimonious divorce four years ago.
He also labelled The Star as irresponsible, “disgusting and deplorable”, and one-sided in its reporting.
On one issue, about a medical examination carried out on one of his daughters after she complained of suffering abdominal pains, he said a hospital had examined his daughter and found that the girl had only suffered from a urinary tract infection, based on a discharge summary from the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre.
His ex-wife, in a police report, had alleged that their daughter had been sexually molested.
The former CEO acknowledged that The Star had reached out to him before publication, posting screenshots of WhatsApp messages to him.
“I did not respond, I respond only to the officers at PDRM,” he posted on Facebook on Tuesday (May 28), referring to the Royal Malaysia Police.
The Star had earlier reported that his ex-wife had lodged at least 15 reports against the former CEO since 2015, alleging, among others, that he had molested his own children.
He was arrested at the Hulu Kelang police station on May 16 after he allegedly trespassed into his ex-wife’s home and issued a death threat the day before, but was released on police bail on May 19.
The Star stands by its reporting, and had reviewed documents and recordings, confirming the reports with the police, the Women’s Aid Organisation and the Social Welfare Department before running its story.
As the former CEO acknowledged, we had also reached out to him for his right of response, and delayed publication of the story to give him time to respond.
On Tuesday (May 28), Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed said of the 17 police reports lodged against the CEO, some were still under active investigation and not all were classified “No Further Action” (NFA).
"Of the 17 police reports lodged since 2013 or 2014, some are NFA while others, like the recent trespassing and threatening cases, are still under investigation," he told reporters at Bukit Aman.
He, however, declined to specify how many cases were classified as NFA, but also said that all would be reviewed.
Did you find this article insightful?