KUALA LUMPUR: The Women, Family and Community Development Ministry is leaving the case of a former telco chief executive officer accused of molesting his children to the police, says its minister Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (pic).
Dr Wan Azizah, who is also the Deputy Prime Minister, said the allegations had previously been investigated but the cases were classified as NFA (No Further Action) after consultation with the deputy public prosecutors (DPPs).
"This case is under the authority of the police and the hospital. So we leave it (to them) first. It sounds very serious, and if anything, of course we will push for them to take action," she told reporters after launching an event at Axiata Tower here Saturday (May 25).
She added that the hospital involved had also previously facilitated discussions involving multiple agencies on the case.
"The case had been investigated before. The ministry takes any allegations of sexual abuse by anybody very seriously, especially by people who are entrusted to look after them (the victims)," she said.
Dr Wan Azizah was responding to The Star's front page report on Saturday (May 25) that a former telco CEO had allegedly molested his own children, with at least 15 police reports lodged by his ex-wife against him since 2015.
Both have joint custody of their two daughters and one son.
Bukit Aman Sexual, Women and Child Investigations Division (D11) principal assistant director Asst Comm Choo Lily had confirmed that D11 had conducted investigations into these previous reports but that the cases were marked NFA by the DPP due to a lack of evidence.
She said that the cases would be re-looked into should there be new evidence or allegations.
The trail goes back four years when the mother brought her two daughters to a licensed counsellor in 2015, suspecting something amiss.
This counselling session was recorded on a video which The Star has seen.
In the session, the children graphically recounted some of the things their father allegedly did to them.
The counsellor, Wong Kah Peng aka Nicholas Wong, subsequently advised the mother to lodge a police report after hearing the accounts of the two girls, who were aged eight and 10 at the time.