Three more suspects held over KK gang assault, bringing total arrests to five


 The suspects who have been arrested so far over the case.

The suspects who have been arrested so far over the case.

KOTA KINABALU: Police have arrested three more suspects over a gang assault at a popular shopping mall here.

The three men, aged between 20 and 25, were arrested by the roadside near Kampung Lok Bunoh, Sepanggar here, at about 7.30pm on Thursday (April 18). 

The men were rounded up by the police two days after their suspected accomplices - two males aged 18 and 19 - were picked up in Inanam on Tuesday (April 16). 

The suspects are currently under remand. 

Kota Kinabalu acting police chief Supt George Abd Rakman said cops are still hunting down three more suspects to assist in investigations in Sunday's (April 14) incident. 

The series of arrests came after a video of two men being beaten up at a mall in Kota Kinabalu went viral with people condemning the act and calling for justice against the six perpetrators. 

Supt George said anyone with information on the case can contact their nearest police station, or reach out to investigating officer Insp Nur Shajida Shara at 012-8119794. 

The case is investigated under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting.