Its Minister Anthony Loke said the ministry had received support from the state government in identifying suitable locations for the relocation of these places of worship.
"We will ensure that negotiations and relocation will be handled with the utmost respect.
"It is important that we handle this with care as it is an issue that touches on the sensitivity of the people," he said at a press conference after a dialogue session with local state representatives involved in the project here on Thursday (April 18).
Loke added that the ministry had identified some 324 buildings, including houses and places of worship located in areas along the ongoing Gemas-Johor Baru electric double-tracking rail project.
"We have relocated or demolished 191 of these buildings, while another 133 will be dealt with soon.
"These buildings needed to be relocated or demolished as they are blocking the passage of the project," he said.
He assured that talks with the owners of the buildings are conducted in a good manner and there are no objections from the public so far.
"We will ensure that it is done in a respectful manner in order to avoid any issues.
"Funds will also be provided for them to relocate,” he said.
He added that the project is ahead of schedule, with over 37% completed so far.
The RM8.9bil Gemas-Johor Baru double-tracking project, spanning 192km, is expected to be completed by October 2021.
What do you think of this article?