PETALING JAYA: The Sabah-Sarawak Merdeka account has been blocked by Facebook in connection with the posting of a doctored photo of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, says Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun.
The Inspector-General of Police said while the Facebook page had been blocked, the public was advised not to spread or share screenshots of the posting that contained a modified picture of Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah.
“The posting was aimed at inciting provocation that could disrupt public order,” he said in a statement yesterday.
He said the police had so far received 209 police reports regarding the matter.
“We are still tracking down the Facebook account holder,” he said.
Mohamad Fuzi added that the matter was being investigated under Section 4(1)(a) of the Sedition Act.
Last Friday, Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had tasked Bukit Aman with investigating and taking action against the culprits.