KUALA LUMPUR: The bodies of 11 foreign victims of the factory bus accident near the MASKargo area in Sepang have not been claimed by their next of kin, said KLIA district police chief Asst Comm Zulkifli Adamshah.
He said nine of the bodies had undergone post-mortem while two others had yet to be identified at the Serdang Hospital Forensic Medical Department.
“Seventeen people reported to be injured or in critical condition are still hospitalised, with seven being treated at the Serdang Hospital, six in Putrajaya, two in Banting, one each in Kajang and Klang,” he said.
ACP Zulkifli said the remains of bus driver S. Suresh, 43, were claimed by his next of kin on Monday.
The Road Transport Department and the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research had been instructed to conduct an investigation into the bus company after its vehicle was involved in the accident on Sunday night.
The bus carrying 43 MASKargo contract workers plunged into a monsoon drain, killing 12 people including the driver.
In Shah Alam, Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Noor Azam Jamaludin said the bus would be sent to Puspakom for a full check as part of the investigation into the cause of the accident.