SHAH ALAM: The bus in the crash that killed 12 people in Sepang will be sent to Puspakom for a full check up.
Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Noor Azam Jamaludin said that this was part of the investigation into the cause of the accident which is still unknown.
“We will be sending the bus to Puspakom soon to check for possible faults.
We are also waiting for the blood test results from the post-mortem done on the bus driver,” he said to a press conference here on Tuesday (April 9).
He added that police have recorded over a dozen statements from the passengers who survived the tragic accident on Sunday (April 7).
Twelve people, including the driver, were killed and 17 injured in the accident on Jalan S8 Pekeliling, Sepang.
The bus was ferrying foreign contract workers from their hostel in Nilai to their work place in MASKargo, KL International Airport, when it plunged into a monsoon drain.
Comm Noor Azam said thisafter launching the Neighbourhood Watch Programme (NWP) for the factories in areas of Seksyen 26, 27 and 28.
“This programme is part of our ongoing effort in crime prevention. So far, 15 factories have joined this programme.
“They will meet regularly and highlight any common problems faced by them to the relevant agency like the police, local council, Immigration Department, and the Fire and Rescue Department,” he said.
Comm Noor Azam said any issue faced by the factories, including criminal activities, public safety, environmental, and illegal immigration, can be fast tracked through NPW.
He added that the programme will be expanded to factory clusters and industrial areas throughout the state.
Also present at the launch was NWP chairman Mohd Sani Hassan.
Did you find this article insightful?