Negri PKR lodges police report against Tok Mat over RM10mil London apartment


Yusof (3rd from right) with supporters outside the Seremban district police headquarters after lodging a report against Mohamad.

Yusof (3rd from right) with supporters outside the Seremban district police headquarters after lodging a report against Mohamad.

SEREMBAN: Negri Sembilan PKR has lodged a police report urging fresh investigations into Barisan Nasional candidate Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan for transferring RM10mil via a moneychanger to buy a luxury apartment in London in 2008.

Its information chief Yusof Tapar said that the report was made following emergence of new evidence in the form of a “confession” by Mohamad, who in a press conference on Sunday (April 7) said that the RM10mil he transferred was indeed to buy his London property.

“We will also lodge a report with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) because there is new evidence after Mohamad confessed to the media.

“We understand that the money was not declared to Bank Negara Malaysia before being transferred via the moneychanger.

“The year 2008 saw Salamath Ali Money Changer Sdn Bhd found guilty and had its business licence revoked. Meanwhile, the one who ordered the transaction was not charged,” Yusof told reporters outside the Seremban district police headquarters here on Tuesday (April 9).

Although Mohamad said that he had been cleared by the MACC and the Attorney-General's Chambers at the time, Yusof said that there was reasonable doubt about the previous investigations as they were made under the Barisan Nasional administration.

Echoing a question by Pakatan Harapan candidate for Rantau Dr S. Streram, Yusof also questioned the source of income that enabled Mohamad, who in 2008 was in his fourth year as Negri Sembilan mentri besar, to buy an RM10mil apartment overseas.

“It is a big amount, even for a mentri besar. If he could buy an RM10mil house using cash, how much wealth did he actually accumulate during his first four years as mentri besar?” he said.

Yusof, who was accompanied by a group of supporters, also handed the police a flash drive containing 58-second footage of Mohamad's statement in the Sunday press conference.

Meanwhile, Negri Sembilan Parti Amanah Nasional youth also lodged a report with the MACC here on Tuesday (April 9) morning, urging the anti-graft body to probe Mohamad, a three-term Rantau assemblyman, over the same issue.

Mohamad is in a four-cornered fight with Dr Streram and independent candidates R. Malarvizhi and Mohd Nor Yassin in the by-election for Rantau, which will see voters casting their ballots this Saturday (April 13).