Najib files to declare seven charges in SRC trial defective


KUALA LUMPUR: The defence in Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s case involving SRC International Sdn Bhd has filed a notice of motion to declare seven charges against him as defective.

DPP Budiman Lutfi Mohamed said the prosecution received the notion of motion and affidavits on Tuesday (April 9) morning.

“The prosecution will file an affidavit in reply on April 15 and our defence on April 19.

“Both parties must file submissions on April 22,” he told the press after a proceeding before deputy registrar Mahyudin Mohmad Som.

Budiman said the court, however, has not fixed the hearing date.

During the proceedings, lawyer Muhammad Farhan Muhammad Shafee appeared for Najib.

On April 3, Najib’s lawyer, Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah informed the High Court during the first day of hearing that it would be filing for a notice of motion to declare the charges as defective.

Najib is facing seven charges involving RM42mil in funds belonging to SRC International, formerly a subsidiary of 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB).

On July 4, last year, Najib claimed trial to a charge of abuse of power and three counts of criminal breach of trust (CBT) linked to the 1MDB scandal.

He allegedly misappropriated RM42mil in funds belonging to SRC International.

On Aug 8, he appeared in court again for the second time, and was charged with three counts of money laundering involving the same RM42mil.

 

   

Across The Star Online