KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu says he will leave it to the law to determine the outcome of his son's court case for drug abuse.
“I leave it to legal practitioners. There are no comments (on the charge),” he said to reporters at the lobby of Parliament on Monday (April 8).
In a written reply to the Dewan Rakyat on April 4, the Home Ministry said investigations into the case involving a minister's son had been sent to the Attorney General's Chambers and he is expected to be charged in court soon.
On Jan 5, the media reported that Mohamad Sabu's son, Ahmad Saiful Islam, was one of two men detained in a police operations at an entertainment centre in Jalan Ampang.
The 31-year-old man was detained with his 33-year-old friend after they were found to be positive for ganja.
Mohamad had previously said that his son was the same as other people and subject to the country's laws. - Bernama