NIBONG TEBAL: The police will look into claims of sexual assault on a juvenile who is being held for the murder of Cradle Fund CEO Nazrin Hassan.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun (pic) said the police would investigate if the sexual assault allegation was true.
"Such things should not take place," he said, adding that he would instruct the Kuala Lumpur police to look into it.
Fuzi was responding to a statement by the juvenile's lawyer at the Shah Alam High Court on Tuesday (March 12).
Lawyer Hisyam Teh Poh Teik, representing the boy and another juvenile, urged the court to transfer the boy from the detention centre in Sentul, Kuala Lumpur, to Puncak Alam in Shah Alam, Selangor.
Teh claimed his client had been assaulted sexually and physically while being held in detention.
The widow of the late Nazrin, two teenage boys and another woman were charged with his murder on March 4.
Samirah Muzzafar, 44, and the two teenagers, aged 13 and 16, were jointly charged together with another woman who is still at large with the murder of Nazrin between 11.30pm on June 13, 2018 and 4am on June 14, 2018 at a house in Mutiara Damansara.
It is learnt that the woman who is still at large is an Indonesian who was working there as a maid.
The charge under Section 302 of the Penal Code carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.