Pakatan's Aiman denies knowledge of provocative banner


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 27 Feb 2019

SEMENYIH: Semenyih by-election candidate Muhammad Aiman Zainali (pic) has denied that a provocative banner criticising Barisan Nasional is of Pakatan Harapan's doing.

"That thing wasn't from my side. We campaign in a healthy manner and I have never criticised or insulted anyone. From the start, I've said that we will compete in a healthy way until the end of the campaign," he said.

Aiman was speaking to reporters after meeting with the Semenyih Taxi Association at here on Wednesday (Feb 27).

Earlier on Wednesday, Barisan candidate Zakaria Hanafi lodged a report over provocative banners with words and pictures linking him to Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, the wife of former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

Both Najib and Rosmah are currently facing a slew of corruption charges.

Zakaria stated that he lodged the report on Wednesday (Feb 27) so the Election Commission (EC) could take action.

Kajang Deputy OCPD Supt Mohd Sabri Abdullah confirmed that the report was received, which would be investigated under Section 4(A) of the Election Offences Act 1954 for promoting feelings of ill-will or hostility.

Meanwhile, Aiman said that the reception towards Pakatan's campaign was good so far.

"With two days of campaigning remaining, we will be more aggressive when we reach out to locals," he added.

The Semenyih polls on March 2 will see a four-cornered fight between Barisan, Pakatan, PSM and an independent candidate.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across The Star Online