SEMENYIH: Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (pic) says that Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan should decide if is in support of the proposal to abolish tolls or not, claiming that the Umno deputy president had contradicted himself.
"When we take over four (highway concessions), he said we don't have the capacity. Then, he tells us to take over one more (concession).
"So which is which? He has to decide," the Parti Keadilan Rakyat deputy president to reporters after a ceramah at the Baiduri flats on Sunday (Feb 24).
Earlier on Sunday, Mohamad questioned the motives for acquiring four main highway concessions, adding that he was concerned over where the funds would come from.
"We don't know the bail-out amount and why must it be a private company such as Gamuda Bhd?
"Why not PLUS Expressways Bhd, whose stocks are owned by Khazanah and the Employees' Provident Fund? Wouldn't it be wiser to take over PLUS?" Mohamad questioned.
Azmin pointed out that any details about the deal could not be made public as it was still at the negotiation stage.
Asked if there would be a deadline for such disclosure, he said that he would leave it to the relevant ministry to go through the "due process".
"I'm certain that once they conclude the whole exercise, the relevant authorities will issue a statement," he added.
On Saturday (Feb 23), The Prime Minister's Office issued a statement saying that the government had begun talks with Gamuda to negotiate the acquisition of concessions for four main highways.
The four highways are the Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong (LDP), Sistem Penyuraian Trafik KL Barat (SPRINT), Lebuhraya Shah Alam (Kesas) and the SMART Tunnel.