KUALA LUMPUR: The police have sent the investigations papers regarding the alleged assault of Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman by blogger Papagomo to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's office.
"We will wait to see if we need to take further action or if we can proceed with the charging process," said Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim (pic) after officiating a medal ceremony at the the Police Training Centre (Pulapol) here on Thursday (Feb 21).
Umno Youth executive committee member Wan Muhammad Azri Wan Deris, better known as Papagomo, was remanded for three days until Wednesday after the alleged assault on the Youth and Sports Minister
at the Seri Cempaka Hall of the Kajang Municipal Council (MPKJ).
It was reported earlier that Papagomo would file a police report against Syed Saddiq for "distress suffered" due to the allegation.
Regarding recent reports of the Defence Ministry losing more than RM500mil from several land swap deals worth RM4.75bil, Noor Rashid said that if the case showed elements of corruption, it would be referred to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission.
"Police action will be taken if needed but if the case is more about corruption, then the MACC will conduct the investigation," he said.
On any further action taken against the son of defence minister Mohamad Sabu who tested positive for drugs, Noor Rashid said that the police were awaiting further instructions from the Attorney General's Chambers.
Papagomo to lodge report against Syed Saddiq for 'distress suffered'
Papagomo released on police bail after investigations into alleged Syed Saddiq assault complete
Deputy IGP: Papagomo-Syed Saddiq incident just a misunderstanding