PUTRAJAYA: Calling for members of the de-registered MyPPP to stay calm, party leaders plan to appeal the decision by the Registrar of Societies (RoS) as soon as possible.
Confirming receipt of the notification about the party being de-registered, top party leader Datuk Seri Maglin D’Cruz said they would meet today to get right down to presenting their case to the Home Minister.
“Yes, the news is correct. We were informed of the RoS’ decision via an e-mail at 3pm today. We were also told that we have 30 days to appeal.
“I call on party members to remain calm while we sort this out.
“We are going to appeal and if this doesn’t work out, we will go for a judicial review,” he said.
Maglin said MyPPP, which has been plagued with a leadership issue involving two factions, under his leadership was still part of Barisan Nasional.
Aside from Maglin, Tan Sri M. Kayveas also claimed to be the party’s top leader.
On April 23 last year, Kayveas relinquished all his posts in the party. But a few days later, he withdrew his resignation letter.
But the other faction claimed Kayveas, who helmed the party for 25 years, was sacked on April 25.
Maglin claimed to have the support of 95% of the division heads and some 180,000 members.
In Cameron Highlands, Kayveas said he would appeal the decision.
“I have not received the hard copy of the red notice by RoS.
“Based on the law, we have 30 days to appeal and we will do it accordingly,” said Kayveas.