Manhunt on after robber stabs man for 2 mobile phones


KOTA KINABALU: Police are on the hunt for a suspect in the stabbing of a man during a robbery in Lahad Datu on Thursday (Jan 10) night.

According to Lahad Datu police chief Asst Comm Nasri Mansor, the victim, a 31-year-old local man, was stabbed in his stomach and thighs while he was sleeping in the living room of his home in Felda Sahabat, at about 11pm.

He said the suspect fled with two mobile phones but left his weapon at the scene following the stabbing.

"From our investigation, the victim’s wife said she was sleeping in the room when she heard her husband shouting for her to open the door,” ACP Nasri said on Friday.

“The wife woke up and saw her husnad in a pool of blood,” he added, revealing that a manhunt had been mounted to track down and apprehend the suspect.

He said the wife immediately went to their neighbour’s house and called for help, and to take the victim for treatment.

“We are still unable to get more details on the suspect as the victim is still under treatment,” he said.

The man is reported to be in stable condition.

ACP Nasri said the case would be categorised under voluntarily causing hurt while committing robbery.


nation , robbery , Lahad Datu

   

Across The Star Online