ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeping teen electrocuted while listening to music


Compiled by JULIANNE DE SOUZA, JAROD LIM and R. ARAVINTHAN 

A TEENAGER in Seremban was electrocuted when he fell asleep while listening to music with his earphone connected to a charging handphone.

Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin, 16, was unresponsive when his mother came home and tried to wake him up for lunch, Sin Chew Daily reported.

She discovered that her son’s body had turned cold.

Police found that the boy’s left ear was bleeding and parts of the earphone were charred.

Apparently, his brother also felt a shock when he tried to turn off the switch.

 

> The Duke-National University of Singapore Medical School has found that non-invasive detection equipment can be used to find airborne bacteria in trains, Sin Chew Daily reported.

It discovered that the tool could identify infectious diseases such as Influenza A. Thus measures could be taken to prevent an outbreak.

It is usually too late when a patient or disease carrier seeks help from doctors as the bacteria may already have been airborne during the patient’s commute.

 

>A total of 201 people involved in a transnational vice syndicate were arrested by authorities in Singapore and China during a joint operation, China Press reported

The raids were carried out at 83 locations from Oct 22 to Nov 23 in Singapore and parts of China.

Authorities seized S$70,000 (RM212,624) in cash as well as laptops and mobile phones in Singapore while RMB420,000 (RM254,261) was confiscated in China.

The vice syndicate had advertised sexual services of Chinese women in Singapore. The women would travel from China and carry out their sordid activities in apartments and HDB flats in Singapore.

The above articles are compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a >, it denotes a separate news item. 

   

ADVERTISEMENT