MACC has not questioned me over allegations of power abuse, says Tourism Minister


  • Nation
  • Monday, 03 Dec 2018

KUALA LUMPUR: Tourism, Arts and Culture Minister Datuk Mohamaddin Ketapi (pic) says the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has not begun investigating him over recent allegations of abuse of power. 

“I don’t know. They haven’t come inside my office yet. I’m not sure about the other rooms in the offices,” he said briefly when asked to comment over the matter in Parliament on Monday (Dec 3). 

According to reports, the MACC is probing his ministry after allegations emerged that one of his children was calling the shots in awarding of tenders. 

However, the Silam MP had previously on Nov 23 maintained that there was “no such thing”. 

Mohamaddin reiterated that the anti-graft agency is free to probe him over such allegations. 

“Why should you stop them (MACC) if you had done nothing?” he said to reporters. 

Previously, Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said he would leave it to the MACC to investigate allegations that a minister’s son was involved in the awarding of contracts without going through open tender. 

 
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site