Penang landslide: SAR operation enters fifth day


  • Nation Premium
  • Tuesday, 23 Oct 2018

GEORGE TOWN ( Bernama): The search-and-rescue (SAR) operation resumed at 8am on the fifth day Tuesday (Oct 23) at the landslide at a road construction site in Paya Terubong where nine bodies have been recovered so far.

The SAR operation is concentrated on 15 percent of the yet-to-be-moved landslide debris of the total 100,000 sq ft (9,290 sq metres) area of the landslide, according to Penang Fire and Rescue Department deputy director Mohamad Shoki Hamzah.

Article type: metered
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Security tight ahead of Court of Appeal decision in Najib's SRC appeal Premium
Court of Appeal set to deliver verdict in Najib's SRC appeal Premium
Transport Ministry finalising details for mutual recognition of driving licences with Maldives, says Dr Wee Premium
Judges quash Najib’s petition Premium
Judge takes Najib’s lawyer and bailor to task Premium
Yong told to enter defence Premium
Six days of Covid-19 testing for select travellers Premium
‘Pua was arrogant and disliked’ Premium
Liquor licence directive cancelled Premium
Teens stop going to school to get jobs, help family survive Premium

Others Also Read


Vouchers