Man stabbed by wife at her boyfriend's house, 2 women detained


  • Nation
  • Monday, 01 Oct 2018

KULAI: A man in his 30s suffered injuries on his arms and body, after he was reported to have been stabbed with a kitchen knife by his wife at her boyfriend’s house in Taman Saga.

Kulai OCPD Supt Tok Beng Yeow said the incident happened on Sept 29, at about 9am, when the victim tried to persuade his wife to return home but failed.

“This resulted in a fight between the couple, and his wife took a knife from the kitchen and started stabbing him," he said during a press conference at the Kulai Polic District headquarters here on Monday (Oct 1), adding that the victim was rushed to Hospital Temenggung Seri Maharaja Tun Ibrahim.

Supt Tok said the victim’s 26-year-old wife and another 33-year old female suspect were arrested at a restaurant here on the same day at around 1.40pm.

He said initial investigation showed the wife had previous criminal records for drugs offences, and was on a wanted list under Section 15(1)(a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952.

Both suspects had been detained, he added, until Oct 3 to facilitate investigation under Section 324 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt.

In another unrelated case, a staring incident involving two groups of teenagers likely prompted an attack by 12 teenagers on a 17-year-old boy at the Gunung Pulai Recreational Forest here.

Supt Tok said the incident took place on Sept 2, at around 12.30pm, when the victim and two friends were picnicking in the area.


“Suddenly, 12 teenagers approached the victim and started to attack him, using a rotan, causing injuries to his arms, body and head," he said.

Supt Tok said four male suspects, aged between 16 and 17, were arrested in different locations in Kulai, with three of them being students.

He said urine tests conducted on the suspects turned up negative for drugs, but they had been remanded from Sept 25 until Oct 3 to assist with investigation.

Supt Tok said police were investigating the case under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting and were on the lookout for eight other suspects.

Meanwhile in yet another case, he said two robbery suspects, believed to be foreigners, were shot dead in Bukit Batu, Jalan Sedenak towards Felda Sayong on Sept 21. 

Police believed they were members of Geng Rantau, he said. This was based on their modus operandi, whereby they would normally strike at the wee hours and would move in a group of three or five.

“We are still investigating the case, including identifying their country of origin, as no identification documents were found on them," he said.

 



Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site