Nhaveen’s murder case postponed


  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 14 Aug 2018

GEORGE TOWN: The case of four teenagers charged with the murder of T. Nhaveen has been postponed to January next year.

Lawyer Datuk Baljit Singh, who is holding a watching brief for Nhaveen’s family, said the case will be heard from Jan 21 to 24 at the High Court.

J. Ragesuthen and S. Gokulan, both 18, along with two others, one aged 17 and another who turned 18 in July 2017, were charged with murdering Nhaveen between 11pm and midnight on June 9 last year in Jalan Kaki Bukit, Bukit Gelugor.

They were jointly charged under Section 302 of the Penal Code, which carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.

The four also faced another charge at the Sessions Court for allegedly causing grievous hurt to T. Previin, who was Nhaveen’s friend, at the same time and place.

They claimed trial to the offence when they were charged in June last year under Section 326 of the Penal Code.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Sarawak to build student hostel at Tegas Digital Village
Suit by Dutch model Ivana Smit’s mother to go for full trial
Cops nab serial convenience store robber
PU Azman charged again with sexually assaulting teen boys
Address foreign funding issue first, PAS ulamas tell PM
School roving elephant safely caught, to be translocated, says Sabah officials
Tweet on UEC recognition is fake, says PM's Dept
Smooth polling process in Padang Serai, Tioman, says police
Hadi claps back over claims PN was funded by gambling money
Give new unity govt a chance, says Upko Youth chief

Others Also Read