KUALA LUMPUR: An internal Transport Ministry committee will be set up to decide on what happens to the air traffic controllers at KLIA who were on duty when MH370 went missing, four years ago.
Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook said the committee will be set up under the Ministry's secretary general immediately.
“The MH370 reports stated that there was a breach of standard operating procedures, so action must be taken.
“However, it is complicated because at the time, air traffic controllers were under the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA). But now they are under the Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM).
“We will wait for the internal committee’s recommendations before taking action,” he told reporters at the Parliament lobby on Tuesday (July 31).
Loke had also earlier raised a motion in Parliament to extend his condolences to the next of kin and inform lawmakers on the MH370 investigations.
The safety probe report on MH370 was made public on Monday (July 30).
Moments earlier, CAAM chairman Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman announced he was resigning from his position.
Loke deemed him the first person to take responsibility and resign after the report was released.
Azharuddin had been the DCA’s director general when MH370 went missing on March 8, 2014.