15 pupils at hostel down with suspected food poisoning


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 24 May 2018

ALOR STAR: Some 15 pupils staying at a hostel suffered suspected food poisoning after having their “sahur” eating 'nasi daging masak kicap' at the hostel canteen at about 5am on Thursday (May 24).

The pupils comprising of Standard 4 to Standard 6 were reported to have suffered from vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain at about 8am.

Medical personnel from Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital and Kota Setar District Health Office rushed to the Asrama Desa of Sekolah Kebangsaan Jabi located at Jalan Alor Setar -Kuala Nerang here immediately after receiving the reports from the school.

Kedah Health Department director Datuk Dr Norhizan Ismail had been alerted over the incident.

He said a statement will be issued after the department received full reports.

The school's principal Radziah Ayob said "The hostel had 57 pupils comprising of 28 boys and 29 girls. 15 of them had symptoms believed to be food poisoning."


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online


Air Pollutant Index

Highest API Readings

    Select State and Location to view the latest API reading

    Source: Department of Environment, Malaysia