PUTRAJAYA: Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Azmin Ali must explain why he handed over a plot of land to two companies the state had seized the land from earlier, says Datuk Seri Abdul Rahman.
The Barisan Nasional strategic communications director said the state, which had contested the case in court, had already won the 889.7ha land at the High Court and the Court of Appeal stage.
The case was at the Federal Court when Azmin filed a settlement agreement, stating that the state and Mujur Zaman and LBCN Development had agreed to annul the case.
"The two companies then sold it to a public listed company for RM1.181bil. My question is why this was done before the Federal Court could conclude its hearing on the case," he said at a press conference on Wednesday.
The two companies had in 1998 received the agreement from settlers to develop the land in Ijok, Selangor.
However the then Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim had moved to repossess the land because the companies did not pay land premium, did not change the land condition from agriculture to housing and did not pay the land exchange premium.