GEORGE TOWN: Good news for those who were affected by the Nov 4 and 5 storm but did not get to apply for the one-off RM700 flood aid.
The Penang government has reopened registration for the flood aid from Jan 15 to Jan 31.
Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said those affected could bring their supporting documents to the service centres of elected representatives or district offices.
“We reopen the registration as we don’t want those who were hit by the floods to be left out from receiving the aid,” he said during a press conference at Komtar yesterday.
He said the state government paid RM35mil to 49,978 applicants in December last year under the Penang Bounce Back programme.
Pulau Tikus assemblyman Yap Soo Huey, who was entrusted by the state to coordinate the cash aid distribution, said applicants must adhere to several conditions when applying for the aid.
She said applications must be submitted to the selected service centres and accompanied by supporting documents.
These included proof of address through utility bills (for households), a copy of their business licence (business operators) and a copy of the road tax and the receipt for the repair (vehicle owners).
“If your office equipment or furniture was damaged during the major flood on Nov 5, you can go to the service centres of elected representatives if your office is located within their constituency.
“Owners of business where their premises were affected will need to produce their business registration certificates or council licences.
“If your vehicle was affected, the victim must bring the car registration certificate and repair bills or receipt which has the letterhead of the workshops and any photos of the floods,” she said.
Yap said the applicants could choose to have the amount banked into their accounts, or visit the district offices and collect cash after receiving the letter of approval.